Sunday, October 25, 2009

1st Build Check

As most of you know, I'm addicted to bikes. All kinds. In fact, I've never seen an ugly bicycle. Whatever, the point is over the next week I will be posting my three bikes on my blog. So let's begin with the 'Dale. This first one here I built from the ground up and managed to convert a road bike into an all out track bike. I've always loved the old Cannondales of the 80's. Especially the tight geometry of their frames and the smooth welds as well. However, since this build has vertical dropouts, I had to find that "magic ratio" for chain length as there's not much tension room to play with. All and all, it was a fun build and it's even more fun to ride.

Here are the specs;

Frame & Fork: 1988 Cannondale R500 56cm w/Tange Chro-mo Forks
Handlebars: Nitto 'Pursuit' 42cm
Grip Tape: Origin-8
Stem: Origin-8
Bottom Bracket: Sugino (sealed)
Crankset: Sugino 'Messenger' 44t
Chain: KMC 1/8
Rear Cog: Origin-8 18t
Pedals: MKS 'Sylvan Classic'
Toe Clips: MKS
Seat: Fizik 'Pave'
Seatpost: Thomson 'Elite' 27.2
Front Wheel: Alex 'A-Class Solo' clincher 700c
Front Tire: Continental 'Ultra Sport'
Front Hub: Bianchi
Rear Wheel: Aerospoke clincher 700c
Rear Tire: Vittoria 'Zaffiro'
Rear Hub: Aerospoke

*EDIT: SOLD