Thursday, April 21, 2011

Archival Thursdays: The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow (1984)

Every once and a while I go through another one of my Smiths phases and right now I'm smack-dab in the middle of one. There is something about the moping of Morrissey that I tend to crave from time to time, but whatever it is I always find sanctuary when listening to The Smiths. 'Hatful of Hollow' is always the first release I grab out of my collection whenever I'm in that mental state and it always satisfies, especially since it's a compilation album featuring their best compositions. I can listen to "Handsome Devil" probably everyday of my life as it's my favorite Smiths track ever along with "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" which is another standard single from these boys...too bad they can't get along anymore!

I found this LP several years ago at Kim's video in NYC.