Friday, February 5, 2010

Kitchen Club Death Mix '98

Just in time for the weekend I present you my 'Kitchen Club Death Mix'. From 1996-98 I was resident DJ at the now defunct legendary Kitchen Club here in Miami. Every Friday you would find me in the upstairs room dropping nothing but the finest in electronica, ambient, progressive and trip-hop. Meanwhile, downstairs was club owner/DJ Aldo dropping the industrial, ebm, goth and nu-wave beats the Kitchen Club was well known for. That's truly was what I really wanted to spin, but since Aldo was running shit, he took that job and left me with the upstairs format electronica, which was fine. But really, who cares cause to be honest it was probably my favorite residency at any club in my life and was definitely the most fun. They were great people to work with. Anyhow, just before I moved to NYC during the great year that was 1998, Aldo allowed me to DJ the downstairs main room for my going away party on April 17, 1998. He basically allowed me to spin whatever I wanted. Being that I always wanted to spin an industrial set on the downstairs main floor, I bought nothing but that kind of music that evening and this mix was recorded that night. Dropping bombs from Front 242, Skinny Puppy, Nitzer Ebb, NIN, Revolting Cocks, Lords Of Acid, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Frontline Assembly, Ministry, Alien Sex Fiend plus several others, it was the end-all-be-all-mix featuring all the Kitchen classics. And since it was a Friday night, that club must have housed nearly 450 people. It was a crowded one, and definitely one of my greatest sets ever done within those 2 years of my residency at that venue. Long live the Kitchen Club and may it rest in peace!

Download the mix here.

Benny, Sergio, Peter, Punk Steve, Nelson, Robert...where the fuck you at?