Thursday, September 23, 2010

Archival Thursdays: Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (1986)

Iron Maiden's 'Somewhere In Time' LP marked a change for the band, as it was their first album to introduce synth and guitar synthesizers, and was not a concept album as most of their previous releases. I first heard Maiden through this album and fell in love with them after hearing the album's title track, "Caught somewhere in time".
I remember thinking the cover was cool and wondered what they were like. It was during this time I started listening to more metal and watching Adam Curry on Headbangers Ball every Saturday after 11pm. "Wasted years" has become a staple in Maiden's live sets and who can pass up those heavy guitars in "Stranger in a strange land"?

This was one of those LP's I had as a kid and never took care of, therefore I had to buy a newer one online since it's older and more scarce.