Thursday, December 2, 2010

Archival Thursdays: Stewart Walker & Geoff White - Discord (2003)

When it comes to minimal techno records I only own a handful, but those that I have obtained throughout the years mean a lot to me. Being that I don't really collect minimal techno, I'm very picky about what I buy and listen to whenever it comes to this particular genre. Releases such as 'Discord' by techno legends Stewart Walker & Geoff White is a case in point. I first heard of this LP on Soulseek and shortly after I was immediately on the hunt to buy it, especially since Force Inc was behind it. "Cumulus bloom" is by far my favorite track on this stimulating project, but what about the drive and deep elements in "Cloud city"?

I purchased this release back in 2003 from the best place to buy electronic records online, Forced Exposure.