Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CSNY



Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young are a great band period. First time I ever heard them was while I was going through my father's extensive vinyl collection as a child. All of their songs are listen-able and for some reason can always relate to your current situations. Though there is one song I must present to you, if you haven't heard it already, called "Wooden Ships" off their self titled album which during the time Neil Young was not present. The song was written on Crosby's boat in Florida. Crosby wrote the music, and Stills and Kantner wrote most of the lyrics. I love the smooth undertones and vocals, especially the deep bass guitar providing that humm that only a good bassist can create. Download it here and listen closely to one of the greatest bands of our time.