Saturday, January 26, 2008

Portishead Remixes & B-Sides Mix



I've always been a huge fan of Portishead. They are definitely in my top 3 favorites. The many moods their music carries can't be compared to any other band or product. The beats are always tight and it's just what the listener ordered right at the perfect moment. Even live, Beth Gibbons and crew sound amazing. Their tracks contain and wide variety of influences ranging from Hip-Hop, Shoegaze, Indie, Goth and even some slight Punk basically offering something for everyone. After more than 10 years their compositions are still strong and with a new album in the works titled 'Third' dropping this April, their sound and legacy continues. This past December they hosted the famous All Tomorrow's Parties in UK and made their first public appearance & performance since 1998 dropping 5 new tracks from their new album keeping their style and ideas unique. And just recently they've announced a US appearance at Coachella Music Festival in California during the same month the new album drops.

Throughout the years I've managed to collect all of their vinyl's in one form or another along with all of the remixes and collaborations they've put out between projects. To commemorate the new release I've decided to make this mix available to all. I actually made it about 4 months ago once I heard they were working on the new project. As the news of the album came about, I went through another one of my many Portishead phases and compiled and created this mix. In fact, I think the only other person (other than wifey) that has listened to this mix is my boy Merck. Personally, I think some of Portishead's remixes are better than some of their album material which is another reason I decided to create a mix such as this one. I promise you won't hear Sour Times or Glory Box. My main focus for this mix was the beats of Geoff Barrow, Portishead's beat composer. You will notice that I throw in some Geoff Barrow remixes and tracks that are NOT Portishead material but rather his own stuff. All in all the mix carries that unmatched Portishead soundscape all throughout and I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did creating it. Tracklisting below, grab mix here.

_______________________________________________________


01. Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up (Portishead remix)
02. Portishead - Roads (AlexSins edit)
03. UNKLE - If You Find Earth Boring (Portishead plays UNKLE mix)
04. Baby Namboos - Ancoats2zambia (Geoff Barrow remix)
05. Massive Attack - Karmacoma (Portishead experience)
06. Earthling - Nefisa (Portishead remix)
07. Paul Weller - Wildwood (Portishead's sheared wood mix)
08. Ride - Moonlight Medicine (Portishead's ride the wire mix)
09. Junkwaffel - Mudskipper (Portishead's so-so mix)
10. Sabres of Paradise - Planet D (Portishead remix)
11. Machine Gun Fellatio - Horny Blonde 40 (Portishead remix)
12. Portishead - Wandering Stars
13. Geoff Barrow - G.B. Beats
14. Boca 45 - Stand Up (Geoff Barrow M.D.G.I. mix instrumental)
15. Portishead - Sheared Box
16. Earthling - 1st Transmission (Portishead's earthead mix)
17. Portishead - Key Bored 299 03 (Unreleased)

6 comments:

PRODUCT OF CULTURE said...

could you reupload this portishead mix cd?

i really need Earthling "Nefisa" portishead mix.

could u reuploasd?

productofculture@gmail.com

sendspace.com lasts longer

AlexSins said...

yea, sorry about that...for some reason it won't last more than a week with yousendit.com. I'll gove sendspace.com a shot. But let me warn you, the track you are referring to is in a mix and it's mixed in with other tracks...

me said...

any chance of uping it again??

thanks if you can.

AlexSins said...

Wow..sorry i didn't see your comment till now. I will def up it again, just give me a few days to find it.

Thanks

Mehmet said...

Hello,could you upload this mix again? Cheers

me said...

yes pleeeeeeeeeeeease re-up.

mucho thanks yo!