Thursday, May 20, 2010

Archival Thursdays: Danzig - Lucifuge (1990)

Archival Thursdays is something I've been meaning to do for quite sometime now, just never got around to it. As many of you know, I used to DJ and I still collect vinyl to this day, therefore I have a decent record archive so what I'm going to do each Thursday is present you a genuine release from my collection.

The first Archival Thursday is set to go with Danzig's second full length album 'Lucifuge'. It was released on Def American in 1990 and was produced by none other than Rick Rubin (of course). It has the hits "Devils Plaything" and "Snakes of Christ" and is considered their best release. This particular promo copy was found at the now defunct music mecca on Ave. A, 'Etherea'. I've seen other copies popping up on eBay lately for a pretty penny. Most Danzig/Misfits stuff tend to keep it's value I've noticed, which is always good. Stay tuned for the next Archival Thursday.