Thursday, November 11, 2010

Archival Thursdays: Metallica - And Justice For All (1988)

In honor of Veterans Day, I bring you Metallica's "And Justice For All". Since this is a concept album revolving around war and politics, I figured it would fit in just right. This was their fourth studio full-length and was their best selling upon it's release. I remember buying the cassette at K-mart back when it came out in 1988 and playing the life out of it till the tape snapped. How can I forget the first time I saw the morbid video on Headbangers Ball for the track "One"? I was immediately sold! Then I took a listen to the rest of the album and heard "Harvester of sorrow" and remember thinking to myself, 'these guys are going to be around for a loooong time'.

I bought this original version at Sweat Records here in Miami during the summer of 2007.