Thursday, March 10, 2011

Archival Thursdays: Secret Frequency Crew - The Underwater Adventure Hop Secret Treasure (2001)

Back in early 2000 there were a ton of great artists, music, and labels coming out of Miami and one of those creations were the Secret Frequency Crew. Consisting of three friends, Matt Brown, Matt Friedman and well known NYC DJ Adrian Michna, their sound was filled with creativity and distinctiveness. Their first ever EP titled "The Underwater Adventure Hop Secret Treasure" is probably their best work and is definitely one of my favorites from the fine Counterflow label. I personally think each and every song is excellent, therefore I urge you to listen to it in it's entirety from front to back. Oh yea, it's also one of my favorite album covers which was designed by Miami's Arnold Steiner, sorry for the blurry pic.

I picked this up back in 2001 when it was released at South Beach's Uncle Sam's music.