Thursday, July 29, 2010

Archival Thursdays: Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi (2001)

'Geogaddi' by Boards Of Canada is a timeless release without a doubt. Though not as good as their previous album 'Music Has The Right To Children', it's definitely become classic material. Their work is pure genius and I won't forget how excited I was when Warp Records released the first promotional material on their website regarding 'Geogaddi'. I was anticipating this release for months, and Warp did a darn good job of avoiding any pre-releases or leaks to the internet, though there were several fake albums on-line by other artists' albums claiming to be 'Geogaddi' on download sites such as Soulseek. After finally listening to the real deal, I was completely blown away by the tracks "Music Is Math" and "1969" and soon enough the entire album was on constant rotation on a daily basis.

I purchased this gem in 2001 at my local Virgin Megastore which is now gone, unfortunately. I used to go there every Saturday and buy records. So incredibly sad! Anyway, check out how much this baby fetches for on eBay these days...should I sell it?