Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The City Sleeps

The City Sleeps is a photo journal from several Wall Street Journal photographers that were sent "out overnight to shoot the city during the hours when most of its citizens are sleeping." I love this idea. It reminds me when I used to trek home in the wee hours after a night at NASA or The Bank. The city looks so vulnerable and forgiving, almost like it's yours to cherish all to yourself. The madness is briefly elsewhere and the traffic is gone. The dark corners and alleys put a little bounce in my step, and that brisk night air is just a reminder to get home to that warm bed that awaits. I really miss NY! I need to finally move back for round two!

Anyhow, below are some of my favorites from this excellent photo set, view the rest of them here. Thanks to Prolly on this one.




Photos by Ramsay de Give and Keith Bedford